The energy, structure and pace of the experience helped us unlock exciting new ideas to ultimately make us better problem solvers and more effective fundraisers.
Head of Fundraising, The British Red Cross
When a crisis hits, how do you maximise donations?
When a natural disaster occurs, fundraising teams have just hours to prepare and launch campaigns. Often teams use stock campaigns to accelerate production with no time for iteration or testing. What if a team of behavioural scientists and design thinkers could pre-prepare new, behaviourally-informed solutions to maximise the chance of success?
Re-imagining donation services
We used a CoDesign Event to bring together leaders from the charity and experts in Behavioural Science and User Experience Design to develop a suite of new interventions that were ready to trial.
One day to change somebody's world.
- Consulted with charity to identify a selection of high-value challenges for teams to focus on during the event
- Challenges covered everything from different disaster types through to different promotional mechanics
- Teams were designed to have a balance of client intelligence, behavioural insights and design experience
- Pre-event briefings help teams get familiar with their challenge, and teammates, and arrive ready to collaborate
- An 8-hour design sprint was delivered helping teams identify, prioritise and pitch solutions to the charity team
- Teams were coached to blend their expertise and design behaviourally-informed fundraising solutions
Across 4 challenges, 200 ideas were generated by 8 teams who had never met one another, in just 8 hours
8 prototypes of new fundraising innovations were created and 50% of ideas were chosen to enter the charity's new product development process
Post-project feedback showed that all members of the charity reported that their fundraising capability had been improved by the experience
Learn how we used Opportunity Index and Service Experiments to re-imagine the guest experience for 46m consumers in IndiaMore
LET'S JOIN FORCES
Partner with us
Collaborate with some of the world’s leading behavioural scientists, design thinkers and corporate innovators.
Get in touch to discuss how we can help you find opportunities, create value, accelerate outcomes and innovate with confidence.