The run-up to the event was brilliant, and the day was tailor made for our particular aims and outcomes. The techniques that Sprint Valley used were clear and effective and we had great feedback from our students which is critical to us.
Programme Manager, Said Business School, University of Oxford
Over 5m elderly in the UK see TV as their main source of company.
The UK's ageing population is growing, and sadly is becoming increasingly isolated due to fragmented families and the rise in social technologies. What services could be delivered to transform the quality of life for this group?
Re-imagining how generations connect.
We wanted to re-imagine how generations connect. We used Ignition, our signature workshop to bring together Oxford's MBA students and generate new ideas to help AGE UK reduce loneliness
amongst the elderly.
Breakthrough thinking in just 8 hours.
- We facilitated breakthrough thinking in just 8 hours
- We worked with the university and charity to frame a challenge statement for teams to work on at the event
- We designed a custom one-day Design Sprint and Design Thinking training experience delivered at Oxford's Saïd Business School
- We coached 7 teams through stakeholder interviews, problem framing, idea generation, value proposition design, prototyping and pitching
- We supported 35 MBA students through a Dragon's Den-style pitch to members of the university and charity with the chance to win a spot at the European final
35 MBA students trained on Design Thinking methodologies whilst tackling a life brief from AGE UK
Over 400 ideas generated and 7 innovations prototyped and pitched in just one day
Winning team was selected to take their idea through to a European final in Paris